Thursday, August 20, 2009

Carter's 2nd Birthday (home party)


Can you believe that this baby is 2?????

Carter turned 2 years old on July 16th. His birthday was on a Thursday and we were having his party on Saturday, but I could not let the actual day go by without celebrating. I think that birthday's are a special day and should be celebrated to the fullest. My mom, Madilyn (niece) and Miranda (my brother's girlfriend) came in on Thursday afternoon to help get the real party together. We got a cake from Bakery by George in Garland and sang to Carter after dinner.


When we started singing, Carter got scared and tried to climb out of his chair. He wasn't sure about all of this.


Bryce and I helped him blow out his candle.


Then, he decided that he liked us singing to him and he kept singing Happy Birthday to "Taatee" (what he calls himself - supposed to be Cartee)

He wasn't sure about the cake either.



Mommy gave him a taste...


And he loved it!!!



Mommy and her 2 year old. I just look at Carter and wonder where has the time gone. He has grown and changed so much in the last 2 years. He is turning into a big boy and looking less like a baby. I am so thankful that God chose me to be his mommy. I am thankful for my boys and look forward to many more Happy Birthday's!







1 comment:

Hester 5 said...

What a sweet face!!! I remember when you told me you were pregnant with him! I was in the hospital after just having Rachel (I think the 2nd time I was admitted, ugh) and you were my nurse. You said you were 6 weeks pregnant!! Where does the time go???