Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Forever.....

(Bryce came downstairs with this get up on)
I am happy to say that I am so excited about Bryce being 4 years old. His birthday was just in December, but it seems as though he is getting a little more mature and creative. I love to have conversations with him to see where his thinking is going to lead us. I also love his innocence and imagination.
The other day, I was just looking at Bryce and Carter and I was so sad because my little babies are growing up so fast. Bryce is still a Mommy's boy and still likes for me to hold and carry him. He was sitting in my lap and I gave him a hug and kiss. I asked him "Will you please stay little forever and never get big". To which he replied "yes".
Later in the day, the boys were wrestling around on my bed (a favorite thing to do) and Bryce just kicked back in the middle of the bed. I looked at him and asked, "Do you love Mommy and Daddy's bed?". He shook his head yes. (keep in mind that he sleeps with us every night... which is another post in itself) I asked if he was going to sleep with us forever, even when he got big. He replied, "I'm not going to get big, I'm staying little forever". My heart melted. How I wish that I could keep him little forever!!!!!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

That is soooo sweet! Man they grow up way too fast. Love and miss ya :)

Hester 5 said...

So sweet!!! I wish I had a little boy to have those kind of conversations with! Having little girls is sweet too but I hear the relationship between mommy and son is just different

Wendy said...

Ahh, you have a little Peter Pan on your hands. They do grow up way too fast!